It’s time for the first author check in of 2013! Please send some kind of signal to the mods (be it through tumblr, LJ, DW, or email) that you are still participating. It can be as simple as liking this post, or a full rundown of where you are with your story. We’re always happy to hear from you guys :)
All authors must check in by April 10th to be counted. If you miss two check-ins, you will be automatically dropped so don’t forget to respond!
Good luck and happy creating!
Author sign ups are now officially closed, and the writing period has begun! Sharpen your pencils, start your word processors and begin!
If this is your first year participating, drop us a line and we’ll send you an invite to the Support comm on Livejournal or Dreamwidth!
Welcome to the fifth round of the Sci-fi and Fantasy Big Bang! Good luck everyone!
As always, if you have any questions let us know!
Here’s a reminder of some of our most important rules and upcoming deadlines:
Read more …
Author sign ups close February 28th! Follow the link for more information :D :D
We are currently accepting submissions for this years header! All headers must be 800px wide, but there is no restriction on the height.
The deadline is Friday, February 22nd! You can email submissions to scifibigbangmod at gmail dot com
Drop us an ask if you have any questions!
Author and Artist Sign ups are now open on Livejournal (Author/Artist) and Dreamwidth (Author/Artist)! If you have any questions, feel free to drop us an ask!
1. You must join and watch the comm. We cannot give you posting access if you don’t join the comm. Watching will allow you to see any updates.
2. Your story must fit in the sci-fi/fantasy realm. If you’re not sure, ask on our FAQ. If you are writing for the Big Bang, your story must be a minimum length of 25,000 words. If you are writing for the Mini Bang, your story must be a minimum length of 10,000 words.
3. There is no posting anywhere before your assigned posting date.
4. Stories must be beta read.
5. All stories must have proper warnings (ratings, non-con warnings, etc.). If in doubt: if you wouldn’t let your mother read it, then slap a warning on it.
6. A rough draft of your story is due by June 30th at 11:59 PST.
1. You will need to create at least one piece of art to accompany the story you claim. You are more than welcome to create additional pieces!
2. Art can be of any media you wish: drawings, digital manipulations, fanmixes, original songs, videos… you can mix and match mediums!
3. Art must be made for this challenge, must be made for the claimed story, and cannot be posted until the posting date.
We hope to see you there!
Revised Timeline and FAQ for the 2013 round of the Sci-Fi and Fantasy Big Bang are available on the LJ and DW sites!